Pages

15 February 2007

Inhibition

Born and raised in a malay familiy has tought me a lot of moral values. These are the values which has shaped myself to become who i am today. However i just realized that some of these values were the one which kept me from doing many good thing. One classic example is talking back. When me & my sibling were growing up, we were naughty bunch. so we always had it coming from mak... one of the thing that she hated the most was if we were to argue with her.

For example if she was mumbling about how loud we were, normaly we told her that " abang was doing xxxx, angah was trying to kept adik quite or any other honest answers." we were in much deeper trouble then we were in the first place. When i was slightly older, i went to boarding school in a smal town nearby. It was a cool five years of my life spent studying there. Anyhow maybe i'll figure out some interesting stories to tell about my old school later. My point is that even after i was already in my teen years, my parent never changed. What they said goes. There's no way on earth that a NO can be changed into a YES.


Well, another example happed during one of the school holiday which i can't rememer which one. I was a bit an adventure gal back then, i went hiking, river-venture, camping other 'menyusahkan' type of activities. So we had a Gunung Ledang trip planned during the school holiday. I was so exited and ever ready for it. Paid a good RM 80 for the planned trip. Me & my gal frends were trainning for it for over a month. The trip supposed to be during the 2nd week of the school holiday . Because of that I was forced to go home first. Those are the biggest mistake i've ever made. Since my mom was really agaist me taking part in any character building type of activity. I spend 2 weeks begging, justifying, crying, arguing with both mom & dad just so they let me go as plan.To no avail..... i lost the battle. I was practically locked in a room and can't do anything about it at all. I was hopeless and frustrated the whole holiday and just can't wait to go back to schools.


So sometimes, worring too much about your kid is bad for them. I wished i had more freedom to choose about what i wanna do... the type of activities which i likes and and be able to explore my surrounding a little bit more. Until now i'm still not sure what i hope to expect.. but at least I would be more sure of myself and the person I hope to be


...alamak i've lost track of my original thought.

Good Night

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I have a cousin who is so fearful of his mother that whatever his mother says, he'll listen. I even suspect his monthly salary is kept by that mommy. What's so shocking about this is the fact that he's 29! 30 next year. And that's because he never once stood up for himself or argued with her. Poor thing is, his elder brother is so successful, earns lots and lots of money, and this stupid mother always comparing the two of them. So maybe that's what contributed to his low self-esteem. But mark my words, she'll die of shock one day when she found out that the elder son is actually gay. Hahaha... As you said before, my friend... this homosexuality thing, it runs in the family.